Thursday, May 3, 2012

On my way!

Just before leaving Bloomington this morning I got an email from Vaughantown.  All is well, everything confirmed.  Apparently there was some kind of mixup with sending out the last newsletter.  The website was back up yesterday, too.

We got to Atlanta 20 minutes early, which was great because if I had to listen to the guy behind me for 20 more minutes I might have been in airport jail now instead of the Delta Sky Club.  He must not fly a lot - everything astonished him and he exclaimed loudly about it.  And he wanted to engage the flight attendant in conversation about all the things he couldn't eat or drink anymore (including, but not limited to, caffeine, wine, beer, regular pop, steak, beer, candy, salt...oh, and did I mention beer?).  Just out of curiosity, though, what kind of wine did they have on his ongoing flight?  He couldn't have it, of course, he just wondered....

I have to admit that this Sky Club thing is verrrrry nice.  For one thing, most of the drinks (alcoholic and non) are free, there is a big munchies bar with things like cheese and apples and crackers and pretzels, lots of plug-ins for people using computers, and - OMG! - a nap room, dimly lit, with little star lights overhead and recliners!  I want to get a picture of it, but this guy keeps staring at me, so I will wait till he leaves.  It might have been the fact that I was wandering around like a slack-jawed yokel that got his attention.  This place is huge,with lots of variety in seating choices (watch the planes?, watch TV?, read in a quiet area? use the business center?) and I couldn't decide where to sit - plus, I wanted to see everything.  The check-in lady told me to go take a look at their newly remodeled private shower rooms, and they are beautiful!  I will definitely be making a stop there on my way back!  I am going to be absolutely spoiled after this.  :-)




                                                         The nap room





1 comment:

  1. We used to get the Delta Sky Lounge as a perk from work (for those of us who traveled a good deal). It was my saviour several times when flights were cancelled and you had HOURS to kill in the airport. And it was also hard to get used to sitting out with the 'commoners' when the perk was taken away :( Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete