Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day, May Day!

No, I'm not in danger, it really is May Day!  And in almost exactly 48 hours I will be sitting on a plane headed from Atlanta to Madrid.  Once tax season was over, it seemed like the trip just rushed up on me.  I haven't felt my usual level of rushiness and stress this time,though, and it dawned on me that this is the first international trip I have made where I haven't had to squeeze preparations in between days of work (plus or minus overtime).  What a difference!

There might be one small snag looming, though.  I haven't received the final newsletter from the Vaughantown program, and when I went online to see if there was any news, the website was down. (cue dramatic music:  dah-dah-DAHHHH)  I emailed the contact person, and got back an autoresponse that she is out of the office until ... May 3. (more dramatic music:  duh da, duh da, duhhhhh)  There is probably nothing wrong, but I might not know for sure until I arrive in Madrid.  I won't be stranded, but I might have to suddenly make alternate plans.  I can do that!  (OK, so maybe that title does have a slight double meaning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment